How Hard Will You Work?
I have felt pretty fired up recently and really want Street Meets Style to be a place where creativity, motivation, health, fitness, individuality and achievement are promoted and encouraged.
I have been working quite hard on my business and my coursework and have been writing endless lists, goals and plans of what I want to do, how I’m going to get there etc. That gave me the idea of writing this blog post. I thought I would share some of the things that I have been doing to keep myself on track and to help me get to where I need and want to be.
Here are 5 tips to achieving your goals:
- Write a List of Things You Want To Do and Achieve – Write down ever single thing that you want to do in your life, no matter how crazy they may sound to anyone else because, do you know what? They are your dreams, not anyone else’s; though I’m not sure how being a unicorn can be achieved…. unless you buy a costume I guess 🙂
- Break Your Goals Into Manageable Steps – Great! Now you have your list. Cool. Now work out what you need to do and when you need to do it to get to your end destination. For example, If you want to lose weight, you may need to start going to the gym, cutting out unhealthy foods, drinking more water etc. What days will you go to the gym? How much money do you need for a gym membership? What gyms are near you? Which one is more convenient and will benefit your particular needs? What foods do you need to cut out? What will you replace it with? I think you get the idea. The point is, you need to be really specific about what you want and what you need to do. Yes, it is a tedious task but once done, it will give you a clear direction. You will have it to keep you accountable and make your dreams and goals feel/become more attainable.
- Visualise yourself achieving that goal – If you don’t believe that you will achieve it, you won’t. I dedicated a wall in my bedroom and called it my “dream wall/board”. I have a lot of images of specific things that I want to do and places I want to visit. I made sure I selected only the things that I wanted and was very specific about it (like in step 2. I want to have a black fiat 500 so guess what? I will pin up a picture of a black fiat 500). Being specific like this and also making your dreams and goals visual will help you to see what you want to achieve, give you more motivation to make those images a reality and again, make your goals and dreams feel more attainable.
- Establish a Way For You To Review Your Progress – How will you know when you have completed a task to reach your goal? How will you know when you’ve reached your goal? have a way that works just for you so that you can track your progress and know when to reward yourself for a job well done. This leads me on to the final tip.
- Do It! Then Reward Yourself For A Job Well Done – All the other steps are absolutely fantastic, but it’s not going to go anywhere unless you do it! This is where the image title comes into play. Ask yourself “How hard are you willing to work to achieve your goals?” No one else can stop you but you. No one else wants it but you. You know what you need to do. You know what you want to do. Don’t let fear or doubt be something that hinders you from living the life of your dreams! Then, reward yourself. Maybe achieving your goals are a big reward in itself, but if you came really close but didn’t quite make it at your deadline, still reward yourself just for putting in the effort to change your life because you deserve it for even wanting to do something for yourself.
I hope you found these tips helpful. I’m excited to see you all achieve your dreams!